Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Night Owls

On Carnival, we have a program called Night Owls. This is the new term for babysitting. It starts at 10:00pm and goes until 3:00am. The parents pay extra money for the after hours care. This week is my turn for Night Owls. It is quite exhausting!!! You would think that I would just sleep all day but every chance I get to go out I go! The past two nights I have not gotten to sleep before 3:30am and been up before 10:00 both days. Its okay ... I can sleep when I'm dead right?
This week we are supposed to be on our western route, but due to complications with the ship's thruster, we had to go on our eastern route again. That being said, some of the guests were not to happy because they didn't get to do the route they paid for. Also, this means that we are doing the same route 3 weeks in a row. Let's just say I can't wait to be back on the western side of the Caribbean.
Life is still good on ship. I am exhausted! I am usually tired! But I am still enjoying myself. This job is definitely different than any other job I have ever had. Every day is an adventure and brings a new experience. We never know what kind of kids will show up to the playroom and we never know what parents will show up. We get kids from all over with all kinds of personalities. You would be surprised at how spoiled rotten some kids can be. We see kids 6 - 11 years old throwing tantrums. Then again, we also get some of the sweetest kids with the sweetest parents. Well, here are some pictures from Nassau this week. Enjoy ...




No comments:

Post a Comment