Thursday, September 22, 2011

This just doesn't seem real ...


Sitting here on the couch with all of the family here, I still cannot believe my dad is gone. I miss seeing him on the couch, watching football. I miss hearing him shuffle down the hall. Life as I knew it before is over. My dad is no longer here. I am trying to stay strong for mom, but deep down inside I am broken. I just want to cry and am moments away from an emotional breakdown. But like I said, I have to stay strong for mom. I feel as though part of me is missing.Who is going to walk me down the isle when I get married? Who are my future kids going to call "papa" and play ball with? My dad was the one I turned to for help and advice. He coached me through softball and he coached me through life. I have learned so much from him. The only thing that is keeping me afloat, besides my family, is my faith. I know that yesterday was not the last time I'll see my dad. I know that right now he has been reunited with his parents and sharing all of the stories about us kids. I know that he is looking down, watching me, and knows how much I love and miss him. I know that he is with the spirits of my future children. All of that being said, I am still heartbroken. I can't do anything without thinking of him. I don't think I'll be able to step on a softball field for a long time. It will just be to hard to be there without dad there, carrying the bucket of balls behind me. My dad is such an amazing man! I miss you dad! I love you dad! I'll never forget you ...
We are holding an open house this Sunday, September 25, to celebrate the wonderful life of my dad. If you would like to come, we would love to have you. Message me or text me for the address. 

3 comments:

  1. Love you girl! I am sorry you have to go through this and just know I have a shoulder for you to lean on and cry if need be and I have two ears to lend if you need them. I am here for you girly. You are so strong and are such a great person for being strong for your mom, but just know it is okay to cry and okay to feel the way you are feeling...I am here is you need me and please do not hesitate to call me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Amy, sweety... It's ok to cry, cry your heart out.. You can be strong later... And trust me, your mom will so understand... Be there for her, but you also have to let yourself morn as well..Benny was a great man... And he will continue to watch over you as he did before.. He may be gone from here but he is in a better place.. And he will watch you walk down the isle and watch over your children when that days comes.. I am sure Adam would Love to walk you down the isle in his place.. You love softball and he would not want to see you stop, yes it may take time for you to play again, and that is so understandable....But that was something you and him did together and loved... It's part of you and him.. :) Trust me, I know it is hard. I lost my mom a while ago...Just keep him close to your heart always and remember all the love and good times you had... You will always be his little girl... God bless all of you.. I will see you Sunday..Let me know if you guys need anything sweetie... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^^^^^^^^^ That is my post... Angie.. Idk why my name is not showing up.....

    ReplyDelete