Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Special Man

 As I sit here trying to write this, I cannot possibly think of the right words to say right now. Tonight, on September 21, 2011 at 8:35 pm, I lost the most important man in my life. My dad is the most amazing man I know. He put everyone's needs above his own, even up until his last moments. He made sure that I was back from the Caribbean. He made sure that he had one-on-one time with every member of our family that is in town. He knew just the right moment to let go and return to Heaven to be with his parents and Heavenly Father. Words cannot express what my dad means to me. I am the woman I am today because of him. His desire for all of his kids (including his softball kids) to have a successful life was the most important thing. The impact he made throughout his life was made clear the past few days with the amount of messages I have received, the text messages I received, and the amount of people that came to visit. Thank you everyone for your generous words, thoughts, and prayers for my dad and my family. Your love has been felt and greatly appreciated. He loved each and every one of you and you all were so important to him. I wish I had pictures of everyone to post on here, but these are just the few that I have on my computer.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing man and an amazing family. Sorry for your loss. Families are forever! Thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you benny!! He is in a peaceful place and will always be watching over you gleich! Love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Benny! You are truly a wonderful man...the last photo really brought tears to my eyes...I am so sorry that you have to go through this, but he is in a much better place and will always be with you!

    ReplyDelete